Filled with woodlands and waterways, campgrounds, state and national parks, the Olde English District offers camping, hiking, fishing, picnic areas and more. A number of Revolutionary War battles were fought in the area, and historical sites, markers, parks, buildings, and monuments offer hundreds of ways to enjoy and re-live history.
For the past 125 years, Kershaw County has been a known equestrian destination. This facility offers three fenced show rings with new, state-of-the-art footing, covered ring with all purpose footing, newly completed second covered arena, cattle areas, warm-up areas, 288 refurbished and matted stalls, vendor area, covered picnic/seating area, restaurant/courtyard and RV sites.
Designed in 1825 by 'South Carolina's Architect', Robert Mills, and completed in 1827, the courthouse features a copper roof, brick floors, vaulted central hallway, double arched ceilings downstairs, and vestiges of its original radiant heat systems.